Marlborough Democratic City Committee (MDCC)
MINUTES – March 1, 2014 Organizational Meeting
1. Call to Order: Incumbent Chair: Matt Giancole 11:00 a.m.
Election of Officers: Matt Giancole announced the Offices open for election and invited Sue Kennedy to chair the election process.
Chair: Nominated: Alison Serrano.
Alison Serrano elected by acclimation
Male Vice Chair: Nominated: Tony Badman, Dan Caruso
Dan Caruso elected by majority vote
Female Vice Chair: Nominated: Janet Rutan
Janet Rutan elected by acclimation
Treasurer: Nominated: George LaVenture
George LaVenture elected by acclimation
Secretary: Nominated: Matt Giancole, Tony Badman
Tony Badman elected by majority vote
Affirmative Action: Nominated: Rosalind Baker
Rosalind Baker elected by acclimation
2. Bylaws: Tony Badman outlined the background to the new bylaws. Member discussion ensued. The Bylaws were accepted by majority vote of the committee.
3. Democracy in Action Award: Kirk Hurley nominated Tony Badman for this year’s award. Nomination accepted by acclimation.
4. Next Meeting: Saturday April 5th, 9:00 a.m. at The Coffee Loft
5. Adjourn: Chair: Alison Serrano 11:35 a.m.
Respectfully submitted by Tony Badman, Secretary, MDCC